The warehouse management and logistics software has the following purpose:
Warehouse management and logistics softwares provide a set of robotized procedures for processing all activities in the warehouse. It offers modeling and managing of the logistic representation of warehouses for storage andinventory management within the warehouse. This allows for a smooth connection, beginning with the collection of the order to its packaging and transportion from the warehouse to the client.
Warehouse management systems can be stand-alone systems or ERP system modules.
The primary purpose of the software is to control the movement and storage of materials in the warehouse or on the conveyer belt. It automates the storage, conservation, and transportation of finished products.
The software takes care of the receipt, storage, and transportation of goods (usually finished products) to intermediate storage sites, or the end-user. The software helps minimize errors, optimizes costs, quick execution of orders, resource management, and more.
Main functions of the Warehouse Management and Logistics Software:
- Obtaining complete visibility in warehousing operations
- User friendly with menu-driven applications composed to meet industry-specific warehousing operations
- Use of advanced execution logic for wave management, constraint-based selection, real-time filling, and advanced order carding
- Optimization of inventory, people, space and equipment, while minimizing costs in the long run.
- 100% clarity for the available goods from the inventory
- Paperless selection of orders, thanks to the fully automated system